Beha’alotecha and Travel
One of the main focal points of this week’s Parasha is Travel. Starting from chapter nine of Beha’alotecha, the Torah discusses travel from different perspectives:
- Laws of bringing a Korban Pessach (the Passover Sacrifice) when you are on the road.
- The Jewish People traveling in the Wilderness with an escort of the Pillar of Fire at night and the Cloud during the day.
- Moshe blowing the Trumpets before setting off on their next journey.
- How the Jewish People walked through the Sinai Dessert as a group.
- The travels of the Holy Ark.