Beha’alotecha and Travel
One of the main focal points of this week’s Parasha is Travel. Starting from chapter nine of Beha’alotecha, the Torah discusses travel from different perspectives:
- Laws of bringing a Korban Pessach (the Passover Sacrifice) when you are on the road.
- The Jewish People traveling in the Wilderness with an escort of the Pillar of Fire at night and the Cloud during the day.
- Moshe blowing the Trumpets before setting off on their next journey.
- How the Jewish People walked through the Sinai Dessert as a group.
- The travels of the Holy Ark.
Torah and Travel
Following the lead of the Parasha, I’ve selected for you a small collection of 7 audio classes in Jewish Law on the topic of…Torah and Travel. So much to learn, not enough time, but this stuff you can download to your mp3 player or smartphone and listen in the airport before takeoff.
Just click, download, listen and learn.
- Ten Minute Halacha – Traveling on Fridays
- Work Exercise and Travel Before Davening
- Traveling To Dangerous Countries
- Travel Like a Jew – The Challenge
- Davening on an Airplane
- Issues of Airplane Travel
- The International Dateline In Halacha
Safe trip and Shabbat Shalom !